Nursing Research Program
Strategic topics addressed by the projects include women’s health, patient safety, pain management, adolescent health, and patient satisfaction.
Nursing Research Program’s Goals
- Provide the systematic study and evaluation of nursing practice and patient care.
- Develop evidence-based practice.
- Implement nursing research projects and disseminate findings back into nursing practice.
- Support nursing research partnerships with academic, public, and industry partners that enhance the innovative development and distribution of nursing knowledge for the benefit of the professional health care community.
Supporting Nursing Research
The Research Program is working to achieve these goals by encouraging nursing research in facilities throughout California. We support research by:
- Funding nursing research projects
- Providing consulting on projects from experienced nurse researchers
- Educating staff on how to engage in research activities
- Networking and sharing results
- Providing sponsorships at national nursing meetings
If you are a nurse, and interested in participating the Nursing Research Committee, please emailus.
Select the links below to view the PDF version.
2022 Annual Report INFOGRAPHIC
2021 Annual Report INFOGRAPHIC
2020 Annual Report INFOGRAPHIC
2020 Mid-Year Outcomes INFOGRAPHIC
2019 Annual Report INFOGRAPHIC
Our Nursing Research Program Team Members
Lina Najib Kawar, PhD, RN, CNS
Translational Research Southern California Nursing Research Program
Regina M. Valdez, MA
Senior Research Analyst
Quincyann Tsai, MSN, RN
Regional Nursing Research and EBP Consultant