Southern California Nursing Research Standards for Local KP Facilities
The following are the standards for Nursing Research at the local facility (usually medical center) level. Local facilities who can demonstrate that they have met and are continuing to meet the standards consistently, may apply to the Regional Nursing Research Program to be identified, for themselves and others that a Nursing Research Program exists at their facility.
The standards are organized as independent structures and processes that lead to outcomes and reflect the minimum commitment for a local KP facility to nursing research.
The operationalization of the standards is a local undertaking reflecting the local culture. For example, at some facilities the dedicated group may be a standalone nursing research committee, council, etc. At other facilities, the nursing research agenda may be integrated into an existing group such as a practice or quality committee.
Select the link to download a PDF of this select this link. Southern California Nursing Research Standards for Local KP Facilities PDF
- Group dedicated to the Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice (EBP) agenda
- Local Dedicated Group’s charter is aligned with Southern California Nursing Research Committee’s charter
- Existing as well as continued support of executive level sponsorship
- Identified Liaison to Regional Nursing Research Program and Nursing Research Committee
- Existing written Liaison succession plan
- Liaison partnering with local Southern California Physician Medical Group (SCPMG) Research Chair
- Resource allocation identified
- Human Subjects Ethics Training Process
- Education and training processes exist to sustain needed competencies for Research and EBP for nurses.
- Research and Evidenced Based Practice Processes that contribute to the development and implementation of Nursing Research
- Dissemination of local research and EBP
- For Dedicated Groups that include In-Patient members, successful achievement of the 1 study per every 100 licensed beds metric
- Number of Nursing Research projects completed
- Number of local initiated nursing research studies/ projects in-progress (IRB approved) or completed
- Advancement of nursing science
- Care practices are evidence based